Nationwide Dangerous & Defective Drug & Medical Devices Attorney
We are currently investigating several pharmaceutical drug and medical device cases where there has been a withdrawal or recall of the drug/device from the market or where we believe there have been far more serious health effects than reported by the manufacturer.
Prescription drugs can be defective in several ways, including: incorrect medication dosages during product manufacturing, quality control issues, undisclosed dangerous side effects and contamination. Suffering a dangerous side effect from a defective drug can severely alter your quality of life, or even be fatal.Medical Devices Under Investigation
Exactech Knee Implant Failure
Exactech Knee Implant Failure. Plastic polyethylene inserts with 147,732 recalled Exactech knee implant devices may degrade prematurely causing failure rates 3 to 7 times higher than other total knee replacement systems.
Scope of the Exactech Knee Implant failure
A huge recall has begun for more than 140,000 Exactech knee implant replacement devices implanted in the United States since 2004. The Exactech knee implant replacement devices, have a defectively packaged polyethylene insert that may cause the knee implants to fail prematurely, resulting in the need for additional painful and expensive surgery.
Many hip and knee surgery patients develop bacterial infections of their implants, leading to painful re-do surgeries, long term antibiotic use and in severe cases amputation because of overwhelming infection.
There are many causes for this, including patient and surgical factors and some experts speculate that it may be related to the bacteria in the operative room and hospital, since it is impossible to make the surgical room and hospital completely free of bacteria.
Now, a new source of surgical infections may be a likely culprit. 3M and their Arizant Healthcare subsidiary are exposed to personal injury and product liability lawsuits over hip and knee replacement infections caused by Bair Hugger warming blankets.What is the Bair Hugger Warming blanket?
The Bair Hugger has been used in many orthopedic joint replacement procedures over the past 30 years, including hip and knee replacement surgery.
The device blows hot air onto the patient’s body, the forced air warming (FAW) to help control the patient’s body temperature during surgery.
- Bard Avaulta Vaginal Mesh Perforation
- Bair Hugger Hip & Knee Surgery Infection
- Bard Recovery & G2 IVC Filter Perforation
- Bard Composix Kugel Mesh Patch Injury
- Breast Implant Lymphoma Cancer Lawsuits
- Cook Celect Gunther IVC Filter Lawsuits
- Cordis Optease & Trapease IVC Filter Lawsuits
- DePuy ASR Hip Failure Recall
- DePuy Pinnacle Implant Hip Failure
- DePuy Synthes Attune Knee Implant Failure
- Exactech Knee Implant Failure
- Ethicon Physiomesh Hernia Lawsuits
- Metal Hip Recall & Replacement
- Monsanto Roundup Cancer Lawsuits
- Monsanto Roundup Lymphoma Lawsuits
- Smith & Nephew Birmingham Hip Injuries
- Stryker Metal Hip Failure Lawsuits
- Stryker Rejuvenate Hip Implant Settlement
- Talcum Powder Ovarian Cancer Lawsuits
- Texas Transvaginal Mesh Injury
- Transvaginal Mesh Injury Lawsuits
- Biomet Magnum Metal Hip Failure Lawsuits