Nationwide Dangerous & Defective Drug & Medical Devices Attorney
We are currently investigating several pharmaceutical drug and medical device cases where there has been a withdrawal or recall of the drug/device from the market or where we believe there have been far more serious health effects than reported by the manufacturer.
Prescription drugs can be defective in several ways, including: incorrect medication dosages during product manufacturing, quality control issues, undisclosed dangerous side effects and contamination. Suffering a dangerous side effect from a defective drug can severely alter your quality of life, or even be fatal.Drugs Under InvestigationXarelto Brain Hemorrhage and Uncontrollable Bleeding
Xarelto (Rivaroxaban), a new blood-thinning medication, has been approved to prevent stroke in patients with heart rhythm problems known as atrial fibrillation. Xarelto is manufactured by Bayer and Johnson and Johnson pharmaceutical companies.
According to medical experts safety and effectiveness questions remain.
Xarelto, is a potent new blood-thinning drug, has been linked to an increased risk of severe, life-threatening and in some instances fatal internal bleeding episodes. Lawsuits allege that drug-makers failed to warn that Xarelto lacks an effective reversal agent, which can make it difficult, if not impossible to stop bleeding in an emergency.
Many Xarelto injured patients are now filing lawsuits against the manufacturers nationwide.Medical Devices Under InvestigationHysterectomy Power Morcellator
Power morcellators are medical devices used during minimally invasive laparoscopic hysterectomy and fibroid removal procedures. The device grinds up the uterus and uterine fibroids, allowing the easy removal of the tissues through a small incision in the abdomen.
Morcellator use has decreased over the past year, because of the risk that the devices may cause the spread of aggressive uterine cancers that were undiagnosed in the uterus.Bair Hugger Hip and Knee Infection
Many hip and knee surgery patients develop bacterial infections of their implants, leading to painful re-do surgeries, long term antibiotic use and in severe cases amputation because of overwhelming infection.
There are many causes for this, including patient and surgical factors and some experts speculate that it may be related to the bacteria in the operative room and hospital, since it is impossible to make the surgical room and hospital completely free of bacteria.
Now, a new source of surgical infections may be a likely culprit. 3M and their Arizant Healthcare subsidiary are exposed to personal injury and product liability lawsuits over hip and knee replacement infections caused by Bair Hugger warming blankets.What is the Bair Hugger warming blanket?
The Bair Hugger has been used in many orthopedic joint replacement procedures over the past 30 years, including hip and knee replacement surgery.
The device blows hot air onto the patient’s body, the forced air warming (FAW) to help control the patient’s body temperature during surgery.
- Abilify Compulsive Gambling Lawsuits
- Actemra Injury
- Alere INRatio Device Lawsuits
- Bard Avaulta Vaginal Mesh Perforation
- Bair Hugger Hip & Knee Surgery Infection
- Bard Recovery & G2 IVC Filter Perforation
- Bard Composix Kugel Mesh Patch Injury
- Breast Implant Lymphoma Cancer Lawsuits
- Cook Celect Gunther IVC Filter Lawsuits
- Cordis Optease & Trapease IVC Filter Lawsuits
- DePuy ASR Hip Failure Recall
- DePuy Pinnacle Implant Hip Failure
- DePuy Synthes Attune Knee Implant Failure
- Eliquis Stroke, Intestinal Bleeding
- Ethicon Physiomesh Hernia Lawsuits
- Invokana Ketoacidosis Kidney Failure
- J&J Ethicon Hysterectomy Cancer Lawsuit
- Lead Poisoning
- Medtronic Synchromed Pain Pump Lawsuits
- Metal Hip Recall & Replacement
- Monsanto Roundup Cancer Lawsuits
- Monsanto Roundup Lymphoma Lawsuits
- Onglyza Kombiglyze Heart Failure Lawsuit
- Pradaxa Stroke, Death & Bleeding Injuries
- Risperdal Breast Growth in Boys
- Smith & Nephew Birmingham Hip Injuries
- Stryker Metal Hip Failure Lawsuits
- Stryker Rejuvenate Hip Implant Settlement
- Talcum Powder Ovarian Cancer Lawsuits
- Taxotere Chemo Baldness Side Effects
- Texas Transvaginal Mesh Injury
- Transvaginal Mesh Injury Lawsuits
- Viagra Melanoma Skin Cancer
- Xarelto Strokes & Gastro-Intestinal Bleeding Lawsuits
- Nutribullet Burns and Hand Injury Lawsuit
- Biomet Magnum Metal Hip Failure Lawsuits
- Januvia Pancreatic Cancer Lawsuit